A retail outlet with good hygiene practices improves shopper experience and leads to longer dwell time and spend. Hygiene and Healthcare understand that good hygiene is vital to creating a pleasant shopping experience. Achieving return business is key to your profitability. Clean and hygienic facilities are an important factor in the customers’ decision to return.
Potential impact of poor hygiene
- Drives traffic to competitors with superior hygiene or to online shopping
- Reduces length of stay and spend
- At busy periods, drives people away as facilities cannot cope
- Alienates some visitors by not providing for their needs (eg parents with babies), particularly as a trip to the mall is a ‘day out’
- Poor reflection on brand image
- Prevents return visits due to bad experience
Improving hygiene makes good financial sense:
- Improved shopper experience, leads to longer dwell time and spend
- Enhanced positive image means more new shoppers and return visits.
- Good reputation leads to recommendation and new customers
- Provision for special groups (babies, elderly etc) improves reputation and return visits
- Taking care of staff wellbeing which translates to higher service & satisfaction